Friday, January 9, 2009

01/09/2009-Un Asado experience

Asado is BBQ. It´s more plain and simple than we do it. No herbs, spices, sauces, marinades, or propane. Just straight meat and coal. It is very delicious. You get a huge grill and smother it with cuts of meat i´ve never seen before right along side different kinds of chorizo and blood sausage. There were 2 vegetarians at the table. The cook for the evening upon hearing that these people don´t eat carne(beef) went to the grill, returned, and filled there plates with sausage while saying "it´s good, not carne, only chorizo". Me, being me, was picking apart my food, making sure it was cooked well and ripping out big chunks of fat. On my second helping of chorizo i´m in sausage heaven. It´s so good and salty and what! it´s got cheese in it. It´s oozing some creamy delicious white cheese. I ask what kind of cheese is this? and i hear "no, como se dice en ingles", i give a good swallow and say "fat?" after a few more exchanges of phrases, it is decided, yes I am indulging, it straight up creamy melted FAT! You know when you get a coffee from starbucks and it leaves that film on the inside of your mouth because they use real cream... i feel like i had a Venti breve. So sick! I don´t know why people can´t just lie to me. Another weird food related item, my friend anthony from peru, eats the chicken bones and cartiledge. Its really shocking the first time you see someone do that. Ok bye bye now

No comments: