Sunday, September 20, 2009

Madrid and Beyond

Well I was in Madrid, It was hot, hot, hot. But my hostel was ok. I stayed with mostly nice and keep to yourself kind of people. I walked around the city and spent a lot of time figuring out what I was going to do next. Apparently I didn't take any pictures in Madrid. I went to a wonderful wonderful museum called the Reina Sofia. They has tons and tons of Spanish artist and south American and from everywhere,loads of things. Dali and Picaso were the big big things. I saw lots of Spanish art from the 80's looked a lot like the 80s. I walked alot in Madrid..I know I took pictures...I don't know what the deal is. I must have gotten sick of taking pictures. I think maybe I was paranoid about someone stealing my camera cause I had so many pictures already and I didn't want anything to happen to them. Its a shame. Pamplona was gorgeous! It was a real mix of old and new. Hundreds of years old town with a new city built around it. And they have this Citadel that was built to protect the city for war and it is still in tact. It's HUGE. Then Madrid. I went to a park in the city and all the paths in it were white sand. There was an english garden with topiaries and I laid down on a bench and took a nap. There was lots of shopping and government stuff in Madrid. The outskirts of the city had an Ikea and lots of car dealerships. I don't think I met any locals in Madrid. It reminded me a lot of a big city that could be anywhere in the world. The guy that worked at the hostel was from Argentina, he drank Mate like a fish. I tried all over the city to find....Ah I just remembered why I have no pictures! My camera was dead and I could not find an adapter to buy anywhere! Stupid digital camera not taking real batteries. Such a shame to not have pictures for that reason. Well I couldn't find out until I got to Portugal which was my next stop after Madrid.

No comments: