Saturday, December 6, 2008

12-06-2008-midday

I decided to take a bit of exercise and headed out for a walk about town. I did a square around San Telmo, not all of it mind you, but about 45min worth of walking. I intended to spend a couple of hours, but it is really freakin hot today. I was sweating like a crazy person trying to get off a hold. Ladeda walking around on streets i havent been on before, run into a whole collection of homeless people in their little corridor of mattresses on the sidewalk and further along I go. I head to my destination which is this nice little park and I see a little kid sell some crack. He was like 11 maybe 13 if he had been really under-nourished his entire life. It looked like the little kid was the one holding and he was sitting on the edge of this park i was going to, there was a rock wall so he was raised up like 5 feet from the street. this teenaged gangster looking guy went up to him and picked up the sack and crossed the 5 lane street to deliver it to some scuzzy looking people who were all cracked out sitting outside this drug den complete with their own crazy homeless person hollaring all sorts of whatevers. So in the great scheme of things this little boy is a baby drug dealer and his even littler brother was with him, probably 5 or 6. It must be a family business. I only noticed this transaction because they were really tense and nervous, looking around all suspicious like. I really hope that little kid isn't doing the drugs. It's horrible.

After this i found a saturday market that was huge, but mostly only selling used clothes and shoes. On the upper portion of the park there was another little saturday market that was still setting up and it was just the kind we are used to. Artistic hippies pitching their wares, all the stuff was handmade and alot of it was really cool. I'm off to study. See ya guys later!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Ricki sounds great there 218 dollars for a month. Stay away from the crack heads. Where are you going to study and what? Is the food good there and cheap? Don't get sunburned

Ricki said...

study spanish silly, food is delicious and cheap!