Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/15/2008

To the man in Iraq that threw a shoe at president Bush:
I assume you will be punished, but it shouldn´t be so. Thank you.

I found out yesterday that every argentinian person i know is a bush fan and they don´t like Obama. I feel so alienated. It makes sense, it´s very conservative here.

It´s business time, flight of the conchords is getting me through it.

enjoy the snow!

Random stuff i remembered...
a few days before i left brazil my dad was on his daily walk and he saw a little kid get his bike stolen by a guy with a machete!

there was a big demonstration, protest here and i went to a different neighborhood to go to the doctor. I got there just fine, but no taxi would take people back to my neighbor hood when i was done. My friend and I stood on the street for i think close to an hour when we found out what the issue was. The subway was also closed. I ended up taking a bus for the first time. The usual 10-15 min ride was an hour because the protestors had closed down so many streets. I saw demonstration later on the news and there were thousands of pèople there. They were in the Plaza de Mayo fighting against hunger.

2 comments:

Shrinker said...

So... were they deomnstrating about the kid's bike being stolen?

Ricki said...

perhaps my lack of properly ending a sentence and the abrupt beginning of another with the only indication being a skipped like was a tad unclear i just dont have time for punctuation like i used to
i saw gene hackman get cut with a machete in a war movie the other day, i woulda given up my bike to

Is it really stealing if you hand it over when someone asks while threatening you with a weapon, you still have free will...

I encountered my first crazy up close and personal. This schizophrenia took the body of a young traveller. I also learned that people don´t really want you to suggest that people might be mentally unstable. I must get back to thinking that stuff is rude.