Sunday, February 1, 2009

02-01-2009

Holy crap! Its february! I can´t even believe it. I checked the little date corner of the computer a few times. Not a lot has been happening. I´m just hanging out, kinda waiting to go home, I have made the mistake of getting really excited for my next adventure before my current one has ended and now I just day dream all the time. I am still planning on arriving home April 11th, thought I currently only have transportation as far as Seattle. I am hoping to head to europe May 1st or close there to and spend 4-6 weeks hanging out in England, scotland, france, spain, germany, poland, switerland, italy, and morrocco. We´ll see what happens with that, nothing is offical yet. Hmm what has take place since I arrived back here from uruguay? I smoked my first cuban cigar, it was delicious. We´ve had bbqs and birthday parties. I made a scarf and a pair of wrist warmers and I ve started knitting a purple hat, thats unfortunately not for me. I am going to a bar to watch the super bowl tonight, maybe. I went to the movies last night and saw the spirit. It was an ok movie, but we went to a theater in Recoleta and it was so new and clean and nice. We walked in and it had that new theater smell and I was so happy and my friend looked at me all weird and I said, this smells like america. I was happy to be in a familiar setting. This movie theater was on 5 floors! Next saturday we are going to belgrano to go to a china town, i´m excited. The heat has stayed away for a week and it has been wonderful. I´ve slept through the night and not woken up covered in sweat. We have been able to sleep with the windows closed so my mosquito bites are healing and I havent gotten any new ones. The last time i did get new ones however, it was about 15 bites and they were all on my face including one on my lower lip and one on my eye lid. The mosquito bites here swell up, i woke up from the discomfort and looked in a mirror and burst into tears. but they mostly went away in one day which is the bonus of argentinian mosquito bites, if you leave them alone, they don´t last long. Thats about all for now. I am continuing to add photos to the buenos aires set from a couple posts previous to this one, so you can look at it for updates, still like 100 more to add. I miss you guys and I can´t wait to see you.

No comments: