Monday, February 16, 2009

I dont wanna come home

Well there is more to the story now. I went to the police and with the help of my wonderful friend, Maky, I iled a report for the things that were stolen. When we got back to the hostel we found out that another hostel in town had called and the guy was there. One of the hostel owners gave us 100 pesos and we hoped in a cab and headed over there. The people told us he wasnt at the hostel but he left a backpack so they thought he would come back. We were so excited we were bouncing around the back seat of the cab!
We got to the hostel and the girl working was very nice, but she was argentine and i couldnt understand a damn thing she said, but she gave me a free beer. Then told us that we had to wait for the guy to come back, then call the cops and if he left then we could open his bag, which was locked. Then, i went to the bathroom, when i came back apparently they changed their minds and they decided to open up the bag. They didnt have to go far too look for tools, the front pocket of the backpack was full of tool kits to break in to locks and bolt cutters of different sizes, I think he forgot these things on accident, because inside the bag, was that days newspaper. This was his decoy property so people wouldnt know he was gone yet.
I found out that he paid for his room in american dollars, MY money, damn. So that was my little adventure, it was fun. Never got anything back and never saw that guy. I thought i felt better knowing that he was a criminal and that this was his job, but after it being a couple of days, i like my other story better. I wanted to think that maybe he was a good guy and an opportunity presented itself(to still my shit) and after thinking and thinking on it, no one was around and nabbed it and after selling it and spending that money, he hoped that the guilt would go away, but for the rest of his life he would feel bag when he was reminded of it. Does that make me selfish? or materialistic? I think it means i cared way too much about the things he took, and i´m better off.

That was fun. On valentines day i went out with most of my friends to a bar that mimics a pub. We had some chicken curry, potato wedges, and lots of beer. It was super fun, best valentines day ever. Yesterday I was so hung over i slept until 6 pm at 10 me and justin went out for dinner and met up with some other people from the hostel on the street. I had a delicious burger and you guessed it fries. There is like a little mini carnival in the street on the weekends this month. People buy these cans of fake snow and just randomly attack people with it. I had been sprayed with this shit before and i was ready to take revenge. The street is blocked off from cars and it is full of little kids running around and everyone is happy not caring if they are hosed down with this wierd soapy shit. Percussion ensembles are playing and people in costumes are dancing, its chaotic and crazy fun! We got in a spray war and attacked lots of people and recieved the same, it was great!

No comments: