Monday, June 8, 2009

Cornwall

Tis a fabulous and wonderful place, har har! The weather today is not so good, but it motivated me to spend the time on the computer that i needed to and I got my plane ticket to spain purchased, so i will be heading to spain on the 17th of june, I am very excited. I have come down with some kind of chest cold/cough that is rather irritating and I hope it goes away quick, but I don't really have any energy and feel like poo! I had a great time visiting kirkintilloch and i took some pictures. It was a tiny little town, but had a long history. I visited the small museum they had there and learned about the mining industry, the iron molding, the cloth making, the canals, the trains, lots of stuff going on. the town is trying to become a tourist attraction so maybe you too will find yourself there one day. I walk along the road my aunt nan lived on so too one of my great grandparents i never knew and their families before that. I left scotland rather sad, i couldnt stay more, but excited to meet my relatives.
I arrived in St Austell, Cornwall, England on June 1st to warm smiles and hugs from my cousin janet and her husband victor. The next day i met my auntie phyliss. I ventured out to Newquay and had a good time walking around the beach all day in excellent weather. I bought a digital camera, i found a good deal in a random electronics store i popped in for no particular purchase. So i have been taking pictures and when i can i will put them all line for all to see.
I spent my birthday in the old school house in st austell. Everyone came over for a BBQ and we had loads of food! couscous with roasted vegetables, steak, ribs, kebabs, burgers, sausages, salad, fruit salad, beets, roasted potatoes, trifle, cake, and cocktails (mojitos to be exact). I had lots of fun and after i blew out my candles I was surprised with cards signed by everyone and a present of a pewter neclace with a gemini sign on it made here in cornwall from materials from cornwall.
That night I got into the mini cooper and headed to Penzance with Leah and Lawrence. We got in late and headed to bed. The next day we got up about 11 and had proper english breakfast of fried egg, ham , bacon, stewed tomatoes, toast, and mushrooms. Then we went to lands end, via a scenic view, park a bit off, then took a walk the final way. Had alot of fun seeing lands end and the cliffs and a ship wreck. then we came home to a proper english dinner of roast, roasted potatoes, carrots, brocolli, yourkshire pudding, gravy and horseradish-it was to die for. We all went back for seconds. Leah and Lawrence are excellent cooks, they spoiled me. Should have pictures soon, I'm happy and excited. Hope all is well.

No comments: