Monday, June 15, 2009

LONDON CALLING

I answered! I touristed it up today in London. I had a great time walking around central london. I started at the london bridge where i got some cool pictures of the tower bridge. I got a picture of the monument, i still dont know what it is a monument of, but its was a big statue thing and other people were taking pictures so i snapped one off too. I then went to parliment and the little park behind it. I got some pictures of big ben and westminster abbey. I saw the horse guards at white hall and made my way to trafalgar square where i saw a beautiful collection of art at the national gallery. I started of course, with the impressionist and I got my first real live view of one of Monet's japanese bridge paintings and I also saw his only night scene painting. i saw more pissarro, degas, manet, cezanne, van gogh, renoir, gaugan, serat, it goes on and on, but i saw some really early works from the 1500s that i really liked, i just couldnt believe i was standing in front of a piece of fabric and oil that was so loved it has survived for 500 years and i am standing, feeling completely unworthy to be looking at it unapprovingly, cause i think it's ugly, but thankfully I know that its more important that it is than that it is attractive to me. It was a nice experience to be there. Oh how could i forget the Turner's! Such a range! realist to the point it could almost be a photo and then very very impressionistic and everywhere inbetween. I can't believe i skipped the exhibit in edinburgh. that is something I like about Pissarro too. So then i went on to covet garden, oh and i saw a huge giant bumble bee, from transformers 2. the premier is tonight here and the street was full of people waiting to see shia lebeouf or whatever his name is. then i went to garden green, buckingham palace and saw the guards. I had a lovely goat cheese and roasted veggie sandwich on ciabata, not at the palace more around the corner. I sat and read a little in my book and heading back to my friends house and now I must go and get ready for salsa dancing lessons! I hope everyone is well. Sending me some emails! I miss you guys!

No comments: