Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10/18/08-1400

I arrived in Buenos Aires. After my final 10 hour flight, uck. I'm glad that's over and I am already dreading the return trip 6 months from now. I retrieved my backpack and bought some money at the airport, don´t do that unless you absolutely have to, the exchange rate was soooo bad. Just bring american dollars, almost everywhere in the city will take it. I paid for my room and bus ticket, and socks with american money, i had to stop though, cause now i have too many pesos from all the change. Which brings me to another travel tip, don´t forget your credit card when you go out! I went shopping on La Valle, it is a pedestrian only street, lined with shops and restaurants. There is a lot of diversity here. Older people were dressed really nice and teenagers were in tshirts with piercings all over their faces. The hostel obelisco is old and fancy. It is all marble and white and grey. I was in a single room today withthe tiniest bed ever,but it felt so good after being stuck on all those planes. I mostly slept all day, nothing cool to report.

No comments: