Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10/20/08-1700

Being in a hostel kind of freaks me out. I feel like a patient at franklin house, the only thing missing is daily vitals. I´m in a building where i don´t know anyone and I really don´t know why they are here and at least once a day someone comes up to me babbling and I have no idea what they are saying (much the same as the interaction between a pt and his dr). Sometimes I´m checking peoples shoes for laces, i haven´t seen any zip ties yet and the only attention seeking i´ve observed appears to be normal.
I left the obelisco hostel today, i didn´t like it there too much it was formal and lame. I came to Hostel1one in a different barrio, san telmo. I was so tired from my binge drinking hostelmates that i didnt notice i was at my stop until the last second, when i jump up with all the strength and nearly fall backwards and then lundged at the door just in time for it to slam shut on the only jacket i brought with me. Some very kind girl helped me pull it back inside before the damn train started going 100 miles an hour. I then got a lecture in spanish about how i shouldn´t do that, it´s not safe, you should stand up and be ready....and lots of other stuff i didnt understand because the speech was in spanish. So i sat down redfaced and embarrased and rode until my stop came back up. The hostel was a ways from the station so i walked and walked....and got lost and got directions. The streets were covered, absolutely in shit! Dog shit everywhere, it was nasty! So after wading throught the dog shit and walking 3 blocks too far, i found it.
Hostel 1one. It is a minihostel. It's like a big apartment in this really cool old building. It has exposted brick and beams, way high ceilings, wood floors, lot's of fire places, and then gold chandeliers from the 60's with plastic jewels, all mismatched furninture, and its own little grey and white kitty. The other travelers are really nice and laid back. A guy from colombia, a guy from basque country, a girl from brazil, and another girl from denmark, another guy from peru, and there were some italians, but they left. There is one living room and everyone pretty much hangs out there together. i feel much more comfortable now. I am so hungry though I haven´t eaten more than breakfast since friday. i'm going to the store. Oh this is so funny. The rules for the tv and computer:
The music and television are there to be used by the guests but please respect others by only using the TV and CD player at these times:
Sunday to Thursday until 01:00 am
Friday and Saturday until 4:00 am

0400...
2 of the girls invited me out for drinks with them. We went to a little smoke filled bar and met a bunch of people. I talked to a guy from the Sudan for a long time, he was really nice. We laughed and played after a few beers i wasnt as nervous to speak my horrible spanish. Then we proceeded to get drunk and went back to the hostel and collected more people and went to a club. They had a local live band and the drummers bass was a box, it sounded good though. then they played like american pop music and it was dancing time. People arent as skanky dancing as in the states and girls put up with a lot more shit and they do it nicely. it was very fun, but at 4am another guy from the hostel and I called it quits while the others carried on. What´s crazy is these people stay out til early morning and then get up and go to work at a normal time, they just dont sleep. crazy.

1 comment:

Shrinker said...

It's called.....BIPOLAR DISORDER! Who the fuck needs to sleep?