Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10/22/2008-1945

My last day in Buenos Aires. I am sad to be saying good bye to this city, I am definitely going to come back after brazil to learn spanish. I never understood how important it is to know multiple languages. Almost everyone in this hostel knows 3 languages! 3. i thought that was something that only happened in movies. I ventured out today and visited the Plaza de Mayo, google it. It was so old and beautiful. Veterans were protesting in the square and they were beating drums and police where everywhere groups of them marching in riot gear it was kinda weird I was looking around to see if maybe something was happening and I didnt get it, but no everyone was happy and playing, its just how they do. I then went to Av Santa Fe for some window shopping in la Recoleta. I went to the cemetario de la recoleta and saw where evita and thousands of other argentinians are laid to rest. I ate at mcdonalds, which was stupid expensive, a kids meal with an extra water was 8 american dollars. but omg. they make the kids cheese burgers plain. but they toast the bun and melt the cheese, it was like the best burger ever! i wanted to go buy 5 more! the fries actually tasted like potatoes! it was the best mcdonalds food i've ever had i think. I walked and walked and got some pictures, I´m still working on getting them off my camera. I got stuck on the subway during rush hour with an upset stomach....that was fun. Now I gotta go pack to see my dad! A good nights sleep and a 24 hour bus ride and i'll be in Brazil! I can´t wait to see the beach!

5 comments:

Shrinker said...

Hi! Thanks so much for sending me the link to your blog! I am so happy you are doing this. I haven't had an opportunity to read your entries but I will tonight. Please sign me up for email notification when you post a new entry! This is GREAT.

- Richard M

P.S. - are you on Facebook?

Shrinker said...

I have now subscribed to your blog!

Debbie said...

sounds like great times Ricki. I didn't know you would be posting every day, I will check every day now. Good luck on you 24 hour bus ride. Love you mom

Shannon and heather Eddins said...

I am so glad that you are meeting people to hang out with and show you around. It sounds like you are getting along just fine. I love reading your posts. Can't wait to hear about more of your trip. AND SEE PICTURES! I am glad to see you are having fun. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Ricki,
don't eat at McDonalds anymore... You can eat at McDonalds in the states...! Be brave, eat street food!
Tammie