Wednesday, May 13, 2009

last day in Cork

I went to the blarney castle, where they have the blarney stone that you are supposed to kiss to gain eloquence...i didnt kiss it, its a rock you have to hang over a 5 story drop to kiss and it looked scary, i was already terrified from all the stairs and the heights, lots of other people didn't kiss it either. It was scary, and its not even the original blarney stone. But i was in a real castle and i walked all around the grounds and threw it pretending i was some fancy oldn time lady in a gown and it was really fun. I took a walk around a lake and i was the only one out there and i saw a fox, i walked right past it. I found some cool postcards. I meet some new girls in the hostel from texas and we went out for a couple of drinks they were really nice, just on a short holiday before they go back to school. Today was the first rainy day in a while, I went to a place called an english market and it was like an indoor saturday market and i found a yarn store. So i bought some local yarn and i am knitting a head band to hold my hair back with all the wind and cold weather. so i am about 1/4 of the way done with that and i sat around for a few hours and watched some movies, tomorrow i head to Dublin and then Belfast about 7 hours on the bus, I hope to mostly finish my headband on the bus. I do have to say the people in ireland have been amazing, kind and happy to talk to you. I wish i could have seen more things, but i will just have to come back another time and check them out. I want to see connemara, the aran islands, and cliffs of moher, but barring some huge natural disaster they will be there in the future. I'm a little nervous being alone and going to a new country but i am sure i will be fine! Hope everyone is well.

No comments: