Sunday, November 16, 2008

11/13/08

I got my typical 11-12 hour of sleep. When I woke up it was pouring rain. Usually it’s just a drizzle or light rain, but today the gutters were full and rivers where flowing across sidewalks. We went to a new restaurant, a buffet, that was only R$4 a person and it was all veggies and rice. I took the opportunity to pay for lunch as I haven’t hardly paid for a thing yet. We shopped around this little mall afterwards and my dad bought me a little leather purse. We were in the place for like 2 hours and there wasn’t much to see, but my step mom or my dad get to talking to everyone we meet and things go slow. My dad met a man from New York and made friends. He married a brazilian woman too so they had a lot to talk about. Later on in the evening my friend Melina came over and we went out to dinner and then walked to her house. We hung out and chatted. Laughed and Laughed. We made plans to cook tomorrow and hang out again. I left there and went to find my dad. It isn’t hard he only goes 3 places and they are quite near each other. It was almost 11pm and it was coldish. I put my purse under my jacket so no one could see it, but all I had in there was my camera. I had my money and house key in my pockets. Good thing I prepared. I was walking on the sidewalk that runs along the beach and I saw all kinds of shit. People buying drugs, like witnessing hand offs and money exchanges and they aren’t buying weed, this is crack! OMG I’m by myself at night surrounded by crack heads and their dirty bitches, shit. Well I just walk and think of all the ways I could use the umbrella in my hand as a weapon. Don’t stare! I walk by a guy peeing in one of the surfers tents, right by the sidewalk. The ocean is like 100 feet away, really? Saw a couple crazies talking to themselves, I didn’t blend. Got throught all that ok, wondering where the hell the cops where, I see like at least 5 ever time I go out. I found out later that the drug dealers payoff the police and they get to chill on the far side of the beach. Well, I found my dad. He was singing at the Karioke place. The guy who owns the bar came up and asked him to sing with twist and so he did, can’t refuse your public. Then we went to the Capirinia place. There was an interesting mix there. The employees 2 guys and a girl, the street rat kind who walks around selling henna tattoos was there with a little cup getting the left overs of everyone elses drinks, some guy who owns a pizza place that I find flyers for all over town, some wasted kid who was pissed someone drew and eye on him, me sonia and my dad, and a drunk guy from chile who was on his third capirinia. My dad talked to the Chilean guy and found out he spoke Spanish and stuck him on me. “Practice your Spanish”, shit. That’s when I started blending. Sure, conversations starts off normal…then “you are beautiful, how old are you, don’t go to argentina, come to chile, it’s better. People in Argentina don’t know how to speak Spanish. You come and stay in my house. Ah, I want to marry you!” shit, dad…dad! So got a marriage proposal from the freak at the place. Then the talk became tattoos because the street rat kid was harassing us so we had a tattoo sharing contest and apparently the only thing that beats eyes tattooed on the back of your head is a full back piece. Shortly after that we left and headed home.

No comments: