Monday, November 10, 2008

11/04/08/-11/10/08

Well fuck. I wrote this big long hooray for Obama and renewed faith in America and pride and screwed something up and it got deleted. You guys are probably Obama’d out anyway.So whatever, I had like 3 other days of blogs too that are now disappeared. Now I’m kinda pissed and burnt about it so the blog shall suffer. My dad and Sonia where gone for 4 or 5 days, but they are back now. The morning after Obama was elected Sonia’s mom passed away. She and my dad left that afternoon to drive all the way through the night for the funeral that was happening the next morning. I stayed here to take care of the birds. They sold a couple before they left and they took 3 with them so I was left with 3 adults, 5 babies and 4 eggs. Yesterday 1 of the babies fell out of the nesting box along with 2 of the eggs. The parents are really protective and all the birds hate me anyway, so it was a real pain in the ass getting everything organized. I opened up the nesting box to find that they had trampled 1 of the eggs and it was rotting and full of maggots. There were little flies in all the mess uh it was so gross. I didn’t notice it before because the box is really high and you have to get on a ladder to see in it and I would just open it and look at the babies and take out the poo and close up shop. I had to relocate all the birds and clean up there rotted sibling that was now a meal for MAGGOTS. EwwEwwEww. I wanted my dad and step mom to come home right then. So nasty. Another egg was no good it broke open and nothing was inside. There are 2 eggs that are intact, but I don’t think they are any good. We’ll see. Shortly after I got everything cleaned up my dad and step mom came home. Thank goodness. I washed my hands a million times, showered, and still felt gross. I hope the babies don’t get sick, but I don’t think they will. I’m not a big fan of birds, I mostly hate them. I told my dad don’t be surprised if they start saying, “shut the fuck up”, cause they heard it a lot-especially while I was on hazmat duty.

Observations of the people around here.

They call Peruvians, Indians. Babies are so cute, I don’t know why but they all look like baby jesus. Little baby girls get their ears pierced and they put gold bracelets on them. There is an abundance of gorgeous curly hair here. At least 75% of people have curly locks. I haven’t seen one natural blonde over the age of maybe 10. Everyone takes their time to do everything. We stop to talk to 100 people on the way to anywhere. If we go grocery shopping random strangers strike up a conversation like you are old friends. Everyone says I look very American and I don’t know if it’s cause I’m white or fat. The women here are gorgeous. So beautiful. They all wear horrible, tall, strappy sandals. They look so uncomfortable, but they rock em like they are going out of style. The men are mostly old and fat. The young ones are in-shape-ish with gross faces, hairy, and short. If you are a semi good looking single American man, oh geez, get on down here. Everyone else save your money and go somewhere else. People have been very nice and seem happy to meet me, but not a lot of people speak English. I can’t wait to leave. I’m only here to hang out with my dad and step mom. They are so nice and fun. My dad has an easier time to be cool cause he drinks all day. Sonia is just sweet and kind. My impression of brazil is that it’s a beautiful place. Great plant life, pretty beach and I really could care less about the rest cause I want to be in Argentina. So maybe I’ll come back again and fall in love, but it’s not happening this time. When I leave I will be sad to leave my family, but I will be happy to be away from this place. It’s over 80 today with humidity in the 80 percents. I miss our desert. It’s way better.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Ricki,
sorry about the birds, sounds gross but the rest sounds good. Have a great time. mom

Barrier Street said...

peru means turkey